Hunt Frame Privacy Notice
About this Privacy Notice
We value the personal data that clients choose to share with us and we take their privacy very seriously.
This Privacy Notice sets out the categories of personal data we may ask you to supply, why we need that data, how we will use it and how long we will retain it.
We are a data controller for the purpose all personal data we process and our person responsible for our data protection compliance is [Mark Frame].
We undertake to draw this Privacy Notice to the attention of all relevant parties, and should you engage our services we will take it to mean that you are satisfied with its contents. Should you have any concerns or wish to discuss the contents of this notice further, please contact [Mark Frame] at email@example.com . We may update this notice from time to time on our website and we recommend that you refer to it regularly.
What personal data might we need?
We will only collect the personal data necessary to facilitate our interaction with you, such as information that is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and information without which we would not be able to provide you with the requested services.
Categories of personal data we may collect from you include:
1. Personal data that you provide by completing forms on the website, including if you sign up to receive our newsletter, search for a property, request any information or appointment.
2. Information contained in messages when you post on our social media pages.
3. Information contained in communications you send to us, for example when you report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content.
4. Data from surveys what we may , from time to time, run on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
5. Indirectly, we can record which pages on the site you visit, how you were directed to the website, and which or other promotions you responded to.
We do not seek to obtain personal data that falls outside the scope of this Privacy Notice and we kindly request that you do not furnish us with any unnecessary personal data. In accordance with data protection legislation we may destroy personal data supplied to us where we do not believe we have sufficient legal basis to retain it. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Why do we need your personal data?
We process your personal data on the following bases:
1. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you, such as providing you with letting services;
2. Processing is required of us by law, for example to comply with anti-money laundering legislation we may need to verify your ID;
3. Processing is undertaken for a legitimate interest pursued by us. For example, if you are an existing client we may contact you about similar services or promotions we believe may be of interest to you;
4. Processing is undertaken on the basis that you have consented to said processing.
How will we use your personal data?
We may use your data in the following ways but only for the purpose for which it was collected:
1. To provide the services detailed on our website;
2. To provide you with advice;
3. To contact you about our services, promotions or updates;
4. For invoicing purposes; and/or
5. To comply with our legal obligations.
Third party processors
From time to time, only where necessary to facilitate our relationship with you, we may transfer your personal data to our third party processors. Where you have consented to processing we will provide you with a list of any processors we intend to use and give you the opportunity to object. Processors have obligations under the data protection legislation with regards to your data as well as obligations in accordance with their contractual relationship with us. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow out third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we have already provided you with our services in some way we may contact you with regards to other services or promotions that we believe you may be interested in. If you do not wish to hear from us, please let us know. If you have given us your consent to contact you by email for marketing purposes we will only use the personal data provided for this purpose. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Mark Frame. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer contact you for marketing purposes and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
Retaining your personal data
We have legal obligations to retain records containing personal data, even after the main purpose of our relationship has ended, for example where we acted for you regarding the sale of your house and that sale has now completed. In accordance with our obligations, legal documents will be retained for 6 years, after which archived files are destroyed. Nevertheless, for all personal data, once our obligation to retain the data ceases, we will cease processing and destroy it.
To determine the appropriate retention for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can archive those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Details of retention periods for differed aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting Mark Frame.
We maintain appropriate security measures to prevent the misuse, loss or disclosure of your personal data.
You have the right to access the personal data we hold for you and the right to request that your personal data be rectified, erased or transported to another data controller. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge you a reasonable fee if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. You may also request that we erase all your data that we hold or that we restrict processing. Should you wish to exercise and of these rights, please contact Mark Frame.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.